My camera is temporarily misplaced. It was last seen near the town of Hardy in Northern Iowa. It was used to photograph the road sign.
I believe it jumped ship after that picture. But, as the phrase goes, “if you love it, let it go…” [I’m never completely sure about the second part of that phrase — something about it coming back to you if it was meant to be.] I think my camera and I were meant to be together. It will come back to me. Until that moment, I shall list things I would take pictures of if I had my little blue camera.
1. The beautiful zinnias in my garden. I thought the flowers were at their prettiest point last week — but they have a post-bloom that’s even prettier than their regular bloom. (Or maybe their post-bloom really is their regular bloom.)
2. Mystery red flowers in my back yard. I have no idea what they are. But they’re pretty!
3. My bean crop. It’s extra photo-worthy because we have purple beans AND green beans. I actually realized my camera was gone when I attempted to photograph the beans. However, I have extremely sad news to report — the purple beans turn green when boiled. A little part of my spirit got crushed when the purple beans became un-purple. But the idea of hypercolor beans is kind of appealing.
4. My healing care package from John. I was a little sickish today and spent the day bonding with a box of Kleenex, so he brought pro-health gifts — grapefruit, strawberries, kombucha, and a superbly delectable white chocolate/strawberry candy bar.
5. My collection of plastic baggies drying on my window sill. I really like to re-use plastic baggies. And my freshly washed collection of baggies looks especially attractive in the window. (Thanks for the baggies, Mom. They’re all from your house.) I used to think my grandma was weird for re-using plastic baggies — now I’m on the “baggie re-user bandwagon.”
If I find my camera, I’ll totally take these pictures. Think of this post as a teaser.