Oh, weekend. I like you. I like you a whole bunch in the summer. Here’s my weekend in a nutshell (help! my weekend is trapped in a nutshell):
1. I became a proud card-carrying member of Costco. I’m only one person — but I eat like 10 1/2 people. This makes my membership totally economical. Plus, I feel like I’m part of a club — an exclusive club with a membership fee. I bet there’s a secret handshake. They probably teach members the secret handshake on their second visit. If there’s one thing I love, it’s Brussels sprouts. But secret handshakes probably make my top 10. Unless they require lots of coordination. Then, I’m out.
Hello, Mr. Quaker Oat Man. You shall provide me 110+ servings of breakfast as I gaze lovingly at your powder wig and hat. Just one of the many benefits of Costco. I also have a five-pound bag o’ carrots in my crisper. The carrots are all part of my master plan to turn myself extra orange and be an Oompa Loompa for Halloween.
2. I mowed. And I mowed. And my lawn now has a nice, even haircut. It’ll grow out soon, so I encourage everyone to come see my lawn NOW. It’s quite pretty.
3. I scratched my hand. Poison ivy is a all-too-common phenomena in my world. So I decided to take a picture of it. Other people take pictures of their pets and children — I take pictures of disgusting poison ivy goo on my hand (note the piece of grass stuck to the poison ivy-infected area — gross, I know). Perhaps there’s a reason the people at Costco didn’t let me in on the secret handshake.
4. I weeded veggie gardens #1 and #2. Here’s proof:
5. I dug an area for . . . VEGGIE GARDEN #3! Yes! (Because sometimes two veggie gardens just aren’t enough.)
6. I assisted with the construction of a pea trellis.
The peas have found the trellis, and one leader pea plant is happily growing up its new trellis friend.
7. I took a moment to enjoy all the beautiful stuff in my yard. Look!
7. I enjoyed a nice kombucha, ate Vietnamese food, and got a-mazing seats to the musical Chicago.
Weekend = A+. The upcoming week will probably be an A++. Why? Because I said so.