Mail can reveal a lot about a person.
Amy used to live in my house. Her mail still comes here. And, with every piece of mail that arrives in her name, I feel a little closer to her.
At first, my roommate and I were very diligent about placing Amy’s mail back in the mailbox with notes that read, “not at this address.” However, this practice slowly came to an end when the mail started coming back a second time with stickers that read, “no forwarding address.”
Sweet. Thanks for the mail, Amy.
Here are some things I’ve pieced together about Amy:
– She goes to the dentist quite frequently.
– She has two children. They also frequent the dentist.
– She has excellent dental insurance.
– She recently got a crown (and now owes approximately $300 to the dentist — so, if you’re reading this, Amy — pay your dentist!).
– She’s a big fan of catalogs. I believe I have her to thank for the Coldwater Canyon and Pottery Barn Kids catalogs. Unfortunately, I fall between those two age groups.
– She has magic credit card fairies. I’ve come to this conclusion because, although I get some credit card statements addressed to her, she seems to be paying the balance. (Go, Amy! Way to be financially responsible!)
Perhaps someday I’ll meet Amy. Perhaps she’ll some to collect her mail that’s been delivered to my house over the past 3 1/2 years. If I meet her, I’ll be sure to compliment her on her new crown. I’m sure it’s lovely.